Sunday 13 October 2013

THANKSGIVING AND FRIENDS


I just returned from a wonderful church service. Listening to the homily I was reminded of all the things for which I am thankful. There are the obvious ones, of course...food, shelter and freedom, but today my mind turned to the many good friends I have in my life.

I have a friend who was in Grade Eight with me (many years ago!). Although separated by distance, we are still in touch and it seems when we talk that we are back in those great days when we had all the energy in the world and really enjoyed life. Thank you, Betty, for all the years of friendship...without an unpleasant word ever coming between us.
                                           Woman's best friend

My friend in Toronto, Janet, has been a wonderful friend for many years...probably forty. We email  every day and still have a great deal to talk about.We are even farther apart now since we moved to Windsor, but the daily conversations keep us close. I love her dearly.

Mary Helen is a girl I met when I was eight years old. She has moved to Mexico but we are still in touch. When I was living in Guelph I spent many a weekend at Mary Helen's lovely home in Lawrence Park, Toronto.I can't recall ever having had trouble in our relationship. For this I am grateful.

Betty is another friend I have had for years. She lives in Owen Sound and was, at one time, one of my piano students. We always had good times together and I have to say that Betty is one whiz of an emailer. Every day there are two or three  forwards from Owen Sound and I look forward to every one.We also telephone each other and always have pleasant times when we get together.

Ben is a Christian minister who has his doctorate in history. I met him, and his late wife Elizabeth, when I was teaching at the University of Guelph. His son Jonathan became one of my students.Throughout the years we have had good times together, and most of our conversations are sprinkled with joyous laughter. I have appreciated his sense of humor and his tremendous knowledge. How blessed I am!

Willem was a colleague of mine at the university, and also became my piano student. He played in many of the recitals I held at the university.  Now retired and living in his native Holland, he has visited Canada several times and we have enjoyed a truly happy relationship for over thirty years. Thank you, dear friend.

There are other people who come and go in our lives...some for a few years, some for a few months...but all make up the fabric of friendship. Today I am thankful for the ones who have been true friends and have shown their love in many different ways. I can only hope that I have been as kind and loving to them.This is what life is all about.

                ***************************************************************
I have been asked if I know anyone who does psychic/medium readings. As a matter of fact I do and she is very accurate. Her name is Tracey and she may be reached at: whatcomesnext.channeled.4Uall@gmail.com Her phone number is 519-284-4251.Tracey lives in St.Marys, Ontario, and does telephone and in-person readings.
                 **************************************************************

 From"Doggerel" c 2000 Anya Laurence

The Spitz
A fine old dog is the Spitz
With lineage straight from the Ritz...
He walks tall and proud
And stands out in a crowd...
After all, he's a son of a bitz!

Keep well until my next blog.....hot topics!!!!!