Thursday 19 September 2013

NEW BEGINNINGS




We have moved!!! To the left is our new home in Windsor, Ontario. The house is really beautiful and almost big enough to house our vast array of books! Although we have moved, it is going to take a while to get settled and have everything in its place. In the meantime we are having fun (!) emptying zillions of boxes. It is amazing how much we have accumulated through the years and we really need to bring it all with us. Unfortunately the good friends we have made during the same time will be left behind.

When we arrived there was a beautiful chrysanthemum plant in front of the house. So inviting! The  shepherd figurine in the center was given to Andreas upon graduation by Audrey and Hugh Jeffrey. Audrey has been a wonderful friend and student for several years and I will miss her positive attitude and sense of humor.
The plant on the left was sent to us by Bernie and Cathy McCormick. It arrived a couple of days after we moved in.Cathy was my Avon representative in St.Marys and we became close friends. We had a farewell lunch at Nika's Nook before I left, and Nika is another gal that I will be sorry to leave behind. She is great fun, a terrific cook and baker and runs the best tea room in St.Marys. Next door to Nika's, Eden oversees the Crafters Market. I enjoyed shopping there and consider Eden a good friend. I will truly miss her.

My hairdresser, Norma, is the finest hairdresser I have ever had, and that includes Toronto and New York. I will miss her styling expertise as much as I will miss her honesty, warmth and kindness.Karen, from the library, is another lovely lady whom I had the opportunity to spend some time with...but not enough! You will have to come and visit, Karen.In fact you will all have to come and visit!

Last, but definitely not least, I will miss my dear friend of ten years, Barb Lee. A medical doctor, Barb is also a licensed acupuncturist and reiki practitioner.I can't count the number of treatments I have had with Barb...and all of them very helpful. She is my friend, Luca's dog walker and part of our family. I am sure that she will make the trek to Windsor many times to renew her loving relationship with Luca.

Leaving good friends behind is difficult, but the people of our new parish have been so welcoming and friendly that we feel quite at home already.
       ***************************************************************************
The Pit Bull (From Doggerel, c 2000)
You were snoozing the day we passed by,
And you looked like a real nasty guy...
Big and hairy,
Vicious and scary,
So we thought we'd let sleeping dogs lie.